- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- -For the banana filling-
- 3 bananas cut into halves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
More often than not, it is extremely easy to cook the best desserts. The same can be said of banana crepes which combines the freshness of fruits with the sweetness of crepes. The following banana crepes recipe is ideal for you if you have a sweet tooth coupled with a passion for cooking.
Banana Crepes Recipe
The recipe serve 6 people and the entire cooking time is about 20 minutes.
1. Sift the flour, sugar and salt together in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Now, combine the ingredients of the two bowls and keep stirring until a flowy batter if formed.
2. Heat a non stick fillet for close to five minutes. Grease the skillet with some butter to make sure that the crepes don’t stick to it. To check the temperature of the skillet, place some batter on it. If the batter sizzles slightly, it is time to start cooking your crepes.
3. Place enough batter to cover the entire surface area of the skillet. When the edges begin to separate from the pan, turn the crepe over and wait for it to go slightly brown. When both the sides are cooked, remove the crepe from the skillet.
4. Take another pan for making the bananas. Toss in the butter and the brown sugar and stir them together. Once a syrup is formed, put the bananas in the pan and let them cook for a few minutes.
5. Now, remove the bananas from the heat and place them in the middle of the crepes. Roll the crepes over and serve them with a dollop of whipped cream.