- -3 tbsp butter
- -3/4 cup light brown sugar
- -Any kind of fruit can be used; enough to make a thin layer at the bottom of the baking dish
- -8 tbsp unsalted butter
- -3/4 cup sugar
- -1 tsp vanilla extract
- -2 large eggs
- -1 1/2 cups flour
- -1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- -1/4 tsp salt
- -1/2 cup whole milk (room temperature)
For those who are looking to make a delicious upside down cake, here is a simple, generic recipe that everyone will love.
The following recipe yields 8-10 servings. The cake takes 45 minutes to an hour to cook
1: Melt the three tablespoons butter in a skillet. Add the brown sugar and stir until it is melted. Let it cool.
2: Arrange the fruit in a pinwheel design in a cake pan and pour the mixture on top.
3: Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
4: Beat 8 tablespoons of butter and the sugar. Add vanilla and eggs until smooth.
5: Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
6: Add half the flour mixture, then milk, and the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix until flour is blended.
7. Pour batter over fruit and bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
8. Remove from oven cake starts to pull away from edges and let sit for 20 minutes.
9. Flip the cake over.
The upside down cake can be served warm,cold, or with vanilla ice cream. This upside down cake recipe can be used for any occasion and will be loved and enjoyed by everyone.