It’s always nice to have balanced diet in your meal—that is a meal complete with protein, carbs and vegetables or fruits served on the side. Although side dishes are only served in small amounts, the flavor it contributes to the entire meal is incredibly wonderful s o never take them for granted. Side dish recipes like this one are nutritious and very quick and simple to prepare. It is perfect for any meat dishes especially fish and chicken.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cooked until soft.
- Add the spinach and cook until leaves are slightly wilted.
- Add the flour and stir
- Add the sour cream little by little while constantly stirring.
- Add Parmesan cheese. Bring to a soft boil until mixture has thickened and spinach is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
When preparing a menu with fish or chicken as a main course, you can try to match it with some side dish recipes like this creamed spinach. When using spinach, discard wilted leaves and wash the fresh ones thoroughly under cold running water before using them.