- Salad ingredients:
- 2 cups of rotisserie chicken, shredded or diced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh basil
- 2 16-ounce cans of cannellini, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup summer squash, diced
- 1 jar oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, julienne style
- Dressing ingredients:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Using only a few simple ingredients, this versatile chicken & white bean salad simple recipe can be enjoyed in a number of ways; one more delicious than the other. Enjoy this savory dish with crusty Italian bread and a glass of your favorite white wine.
How To Prepare Salad
Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Toss gently. Place on a bed of romaine lettuce and garnish with fresh basil leaves and feta cheese crumbles.
Using a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken is a great kitchen time saver. Experiment with the different variety of seasonings available until you find one that complements both the salad and dressing ingredients.