- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil that is divided
- 2 6-ounce bags of baby spinach
- 1 cup marinara sauce, that is preferably low-sodium
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 4 whole-wheat sandwich rolls that are toasted
For those of you who are interesting in making Chicken Parmesan Sub simple recipes but don’t know where to find them, maybe this will help you. This recipe serves four and takes about thirty minutes to prepare.
Step 1- Put oven rack in the top position and preheat broiler.
Step 2- Put together flour, salt and pepper in a dish. Put chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Beat with the smooth side of a meat mallet until the chicken is 1/4-inch thick. Dunk the chicken in the flour mixture and coat it.
Step 3- Warm 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and cook, making sure to stir it often until it is wilted for about 2 to 3 minutes. Move it to a small bowl.
Step 4- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan then add half the chicken and cook it until it is golden for about 1 to 2 minutes each side. Move to a baking sheet. Do the same thing with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and chicken and then move to the baking sheet.
Step 5- Put the wilted spinach on top of each piece of chicken and the marinara sauce and Parmesan. Sprinkle each chicken with mozzarella. Broil this until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through for about 3 minutes. Serve this on rolls.