- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices ham
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping
Chicken Cordon Bleu Simple Recipe
This chicken cordon bleu recipe features chicken, ham, and Swiss cheese slices, breaded and sauteed. The french term for cordon bleu is blue ribbon which means it tastes delicious. Here is a simple way to enjoy this dish.
1. Pound the chicken breasts if they are too thick. Then place the cheese and ham on each breast within a half of inch to the edge. Fold the edges of the meat over the filling and fasten it with toothpicks. Stir together the flour and paprika in a bowl and coat the meat pieces.
2. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium high and cook the chicken until it is brown on all sides. Add the wine and bouillon. Put the heat on low, cover, and let it simmer for thirty minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
3. Remove the toothpicks and place the breasts on a plate. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a bowl and stir slowly in the skillet. Cook and stir until thickened, and pour over the chicken. Serve it warm.