- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces of fresh mushrooms that are sliced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of chopped and fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of instant rice
For those of you who are wanting to make Chicken Continental but don’t have a recipe, maybe this will help. This recipe serves 4 and takes about 30 minutes to cook. It is an easy to make recipe that comes with chicken and mushrooms with rice.
Step 1- In a big skillet, brown the mushrooms and chicken in margarine or butter. Stir the following in the soup: water, parsley, salt and ground black pepper. Cover this and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Step 2- Stir in the uncooked rice and let it simmer for another 10 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed.
One person said that this recipe was easy to make and tasty. She said that she used regular rice instead of instant and it came out fine. Another person said that her kids and husband loved this dish.