Roasted Lamb Shoulder with Freekeh is a popular Arabian Christmas dinner, but it doesn’t have to be Christmas to enjoy it. The below featured Middle Eastern Roasted Lamb Shoulder With Freekeh Middle Eastern Recipe Main Dish is wonderful anytime of year, but don’t forget about Christmas. Your family will be pleasantly surprised!
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make a marinade by combining 1 qt chicken broth and the next 17 ingredients (the baharat to the almonds) into a food processor, and puree.
3. Rub and marinade lamb for two hours.
4. Transfer lamb to a large roasting tray. Reserve marinade.
5. Roast lamb uncovered up 25 minutes.
6. Add brown onions, garlic, and remaining 1 qt broth.
7. Tightly cover with foil, reduce heat to 275 degrees, and roast up to 4 hours.
8. Serve hot with freekeh and marinade.
The above featured Middle Eastern Roasted Lamb Shoulder With Freekeh Middle Eastern Recipe Main Dish not only makes a great Christmas dish, but also a lovely way to enjoy lamb that you may not have tried before. Also try serving with a dollop of Greek yogurt. Enjoy!