- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 2 avocados that are peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes that are sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese that are cut into 10 slices
If you are looking for Los Angeles recipes, here is one that you might enjoy. It is called California Chicken. This recipe serves 4. It is great for summertime vegetables that are in the garden.
Step 1- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2- Warm the oil in the skillet and add the onion and the chicken. Cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is browned and is almost done. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3- Put the chicken on the cookie sheet and top each of the breasts with 1 to 2 slices of tomato and also 2 to 3 slices of cheese. Place it in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese melts. Remove it from oven and add 2 to 3 slices of avocado on the top of each breast, and serve it immediately.