- 3/4 cup Grape or Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (must be balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea-salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 heads escarole, with outermost leaves removed
- 1 pound beef tenderloin trimmed and cut into 4 1-inch steaks
The following Grilled Beef Tenderloin & Escarole simple recipe will satisfy the chef, busy mom, and even the bachelor. The recipie will serve 4 people. It has a total cook time of 30 minutes. With preperation time added, the total time is 50 minutes.
Step 1-Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Step 2-Put tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon Parmesan, Balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a blender.
Step 3-Pulse until coarsely chopped. Set Mixture aside.
Step 4-Combine remaining 1 tablespoon oil and garlic in a differnt bowl.
Step 5-Leave root ends intact, cut the escarole into quarters; brush the cut sides with garlic-oil mixture and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Season sides of steak with the remaining salt and pepper. Pat 1 tablespoon Parmesan onto all sides of steak.
Step 6-Grill the escarole turing infrequently, remove when tender.
Step 7-Grill the steaks, turning for desired rareness
Step 8-When steak is done, cut root of escarole, chop in large pieces and serve with grilled steak.