- • 1 medium onion, chopped and diced
- • 2 garlic cloves, chopped and diced
- • ¼ cup of green peppers, chopped and diced
- • 2 Tbsp. of tomato paste
- • 4 large tomatoes, chopped and diced
- • ½ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. black pepper, ½ tsp. red pepper
The following one of many ARMENIAN GREEN BEANS Simple recipes that you can make with only a few ingredients. It is an entirely vegetarian recipe. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 90 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Place olive oil, onions, and garlic in a pot on medium heat on the stove. Sauté all of these ingredients, and then add in green peppers and sauté them as well. Combine ½ cup of water with 2 tablespoons tomato paste, then add this to the pot along with the green beans and tomatoes. Add in salt, red pepper, and black pepper. Stir the contents of the pot, bringing them to a boil before turning the heat down to low and covering the pot. Continue cooking for 60 to 90 minutes, stirring it occasionally. Once it is finished, put it in the refrigerator until it is cold. Serve them with pita wedges for a healthy, balanced snack or appetizer.