- -one cup of butter or margarine
- -two thirds of a cup of white sugar
- -a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- -a teaspoon of almond extract
- -two and a half cups of flour
- -one cup of almond flour or ground almonds
- -a quarter cup of powdered sugar
Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe
The delightful sight of little curled up almond crescent cookies are a welcome addition to an afternoon snack or a dinner party. They can be served with tea, coffee, or milk. The ingredients include
Begin by mixing together the butter and the white sugar until the mixture is fluffy, then add together the extracts and mix together. Add flour and almond flour or almonds, again mixing well. Take a piece of parchment paper and a spoon, dropping a large spoonful of the mixture onto the paper and rolling it into a small ball about an inch across; shape it into a crescent for its quintessential look. Once they are all on the paper, bake at four hundred degrees for fifteen minutes. You can tell when they are done by a golden brown coloration. Take the out to cool and then dust with powdered sugar.
This Almond Crescent Cookies recipe takes half an hour to prepare and will make about two dozen cookies.