You can't get a more classic dessert than apple pie. So what happens when you take a classic and put a new spin on it? You bake up a batch of totally delicious Apple Pie Cookies! Not only do they taste amazing, but they look so cool, too!
Apple Pie Cookies
20 - 25 minutes
- 6 green apples
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 5 ounces caramel sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Ground cinnamon
2) Remove pie crusts from refrigerator so they warm up slightly. This will make them easier to work with.
3) Peel the skin off the green apples, discard. Continue peeling so you have bunch of white peels in your bowl.
4) Dust work area with flour and slightly roll out crusts. From one pie crust, cut out circles for the cookies. Cut other crust into 1/2" strips.
5) Place round pie crusts on cookie sheet. Spread a thing layer of caramel sauce on each cookie, followed by a pile of white apple peels. Using the 1/2” strips, create a tic-tac-toe lattice pattern over each cookie.
6) Beat egg in bowl and add sugar and nutmeg until well blended. Brush cookies with egg wash.
7) Sprinkle cookies with cinnamon. Use more or less cinnamon depending on your preference.
8) Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until cookies are a golden brown. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, serve and enjoy!