Don't know what to make for dinner tonight? We've got you covered with these super delicious La Morena Stuffed Peppers! La Morena's Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce gives them just the right kick and taste to spice up your evening! Enjoy more from La Morena here!
La Morena Stuffed Peppers
1 hour and 30 minutes
- 1 can La Morena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper and chili powder, to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved and deseeded
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
2) Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
3) Lay chicken in pan, season both sides with salt, pepper and chill powder. Cook each side for 5 minutes.
4) Add tomatoes and La Morena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
5) Using two forks, shred chicken in pan. Add rice and water. Stir. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
6) Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
7) Lay peppers in a parchment-lined, oven-safe dish. Stuff peppers with chicken mixture, top with cheese and then bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
8) Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro, serve and enjoy!